Well we had our 39 week (and 4 days) appointment today! I have progressed from last week. Last week I was 50% effaced and my cervix was starting to soften. Well today that was the same but I am now 1.5 (almost 2) cm dilated! YAY!!! The doctor said that things are definitely starting to happen and now it's just a matter of time...but obviously we have no idea when that'll be! When she was determining if he was head down, she said she wanted to do an u/s just to make sure he really is head down. Apparently he's kind of cock-eyed in there and not completely straight head down. He's head down, but just needs to adjust himself a little which she said he'll do once I go into labor. We didn't get to see his little face because he's looking face down (which is how we want him to be) but we did get to see his little hands, feet, heart, spine, ribs, etc. It's amazing that there is a little tiny body inside of me. It brought tears to my eyes to see my little man even if I didn't get to see his face. Everything looked great. I went into my appt almost in tears because I'm so over being pregnant but I walked out the happiest person alive!
I just can't believe that I am about to become a mother. Never in a million years did I ever dream of loving someone so much and so deeply before they were ever born. He has changed our lives forever and he's not even here yet. I was sitting at the kitchen counter last night staring at Parker sleeping on Jason's leg and I was tearing up because I cannot imagine loving someone more than I love Parker. This past year has been so awesome having a little puppy grow up to a "mature" dog. He loves us unconditionally and always puts a smile on our faces. I was thinking how am I going to love our son 10 billion times more but the thing is, I already do! To feel him move inside of me for the past 5 months has been an experience in itself. It's so fun to sit on the couch and have Jason put his hand on my belly and him freaking out "what is he doing in there?! OMG, he's moving around like crazy!" It's so awesome that he is able to feel him move and know the experience that I am having inside of me. I'm sure I will miss all the kicking and moving around in there but I am so looking forward to getting to hold my child and look into his eyes! Ugh...melts my heart already! Alright...enough of the sappy stuff :)
Congrats on the progress…what a great feeling!!! Go on a date with that hubby this weekend, hopefully it will be the last for a long while :)
ReplyDelete