Well...here we are at 38 weeks and I'm still carrying Baby Z :) I said that he has to stay put until at least Tuesday (April 12th) because I have a big meeting at work and it's Jason's birthday. After that, he can feel free to join us at any time. My Dad seems to think that today is the day but with there being only 4 1/2 hours left in the day, I'm thinking he's wrong. I am so ready for this little guy to make an appearance so we can all meet him! It's so crazy because I sometimes feel like it was just yesterday that we found out we were pregnant (August 22nd) but then there are days where I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER!
We had our 37 week weekly checkup on Thursday and the only thing going on is that I'm 50% effaced (which means my cervix has shortened). I must be 100% effaced and 10 cm dilated before little man can come so I still have some time (hopefully). Baby Z is still head down but he has not dropped. That's probably why I haven't started waddling yet :) Doctor said I'm right on track to have a normal size baby so my fears of having a "Jason" have started to subside (he was 9 1/2 pounds and 22 1/4 inches long)! The doctors won't let me go past 41 weeks so we really will be parents in 3 weeks or less!!!!! YAY!! Funny thing is that at exactly 41 weeks it will be May 1st...which is our 1 year anniversary! That would be one heck of a way to spend our anniversary together but I'm really hoping he'll make an appearance before then!
I finally started to pack my hospital bag today but won't have it completely packed until I go into labor...but I've at least started :)

No comments:
Post a Comment