Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
May 1st, 2010

Friday, March 18, 2011

Doctor Visits

We had our 35 week appointment today.  It was our last two week appointment so from here on out we're going every week!!  I can't believe we have 5 weeks or less until we meet our little man.  This pregnancy has seriously flown by so fast.  I feel like it was just yesterday I was trying to stick out my belly so people would think that I am pregnant and now I have every stranger coming up to me asking me "when is the baby due? do you know what you're having?  do you have a name picked out?"  At least strangers haven't been touching the belly though because that would be totally weird!  Sorry...back to the appt.  He's measuring right at 35 weeks so we're happy about that.  Just from feeling around my belly the doctor thinks he's in the 5 pound range.  (I went to Aldi after the appt and picked up a bag of sugar and can't believe the little guy in my belly weighs that much right now!!!)  The doctor we had today was the 4th doctor out of the 5 that are in the practice.  We'll meet the 5th one in two weeks.  So far I really like all of them and they're (all but one) supportive of my decision to have a natural med-free birth.  Now...we'll just see if I stick with the med-free birth once I start having contractions.  I'm not completely closed to not getting an epidural but I really want to have this experience in the most natural way possible.  I truely believe that I can do it with the support of my amazing husband!  He has been my rock this entire pregnancy and I am so happy that he's supporting me in the choices that I have made. 

So I also went to the podiatrist today for my foot because my chiropractor thought I might have a stress fracture.  She was definitely wrong but the inside of my right foot was significantly more swollen than my left foot and it hurt a lot.  So off to the doctor I went just to make sure.  Well he put me in an aircast and told me I have to wear it as often as possible.  Because of all the weight I've put on (yes, I've gained 30 pounds and my body is definitely feeling it!!!), my right ankle is starting to turn in.  He was concerned because my shin has some red markings that come with swelling and for the fact that my left foot had none, he was concerned there might be a blood clot in my leg.  Soooo...he sent me to the hospital urgent care so they could ultrasound my entire vein that runs in my right leg.  The u/s tech said she didn't see anything but she's obviously not the doctor.  So now I'm waiting to find out the results but she was pretty certain there was nothing wrong.  So now I just have to rest, put my feet up and hope the swelling doesn't get worse for the next 5 weeks!  Just when I thought this was going to be a flawless pregnancy...that's alright, I'd take having to wear this stupid brace over having all the m/s symptoms or something being wrong with the little man so I am very thankful this is the only "complication" I've had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment