Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
May 1st, 2010

Friday, March 11, 2011

Baby showers and such

So I know I'm a little behind on posting.  I get so wrapped up in work during the day and by the time I get home at night, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of the computer!

I had my friend shower on February 27th and it was awesome!  Katie and Karen really outdid themselves on putting together the shower for me.  Here's a picture of the cake and the diaper cake!!  AMAZING!



I've been feeling pretty good for being almost 34 weeks pregnant.  I think it's because I have been going to the chiropractor weekly, drinking PLENTY of fluids and I have a husband that generously rubs my feet and has picked up a lot of the house work!  I don't know what I would do without him.  The time is drawing near and I still can't believe that we are going to be parents...to a human being!  He's going to be our responsibility and no one else's!  I know we will do just fine, but it's still so crazy! 

We had our family (dad's side) shower this past weekend and it was very nice as well.  I don't have any pictures to share since Jason hasn't put them on the computer yet and I'm not about to try and figure it out because every time I do, I somehow manage to screw the computer up!  We received some really nice gifts and are so thankful we have such amazing family!  Jason's step-mom and sisters weren't able to make it to the shower so they came over on Saturday and we got to have a little "shower" of our own.  Again, we have an amazing family!  Sunday night Jason and I put together the carseat and stroller (well it was already put together by Jason and his dad on Saturday) and the pack-n-play.  They have been sitting in our living rooms so the animals can get used to them.  Suprisingly the cats have not tried to jump into the pack-n-play.  Parker did try and eat one of the animals off the mobile earlier this morning but hopefully it was a one time thing :)

The nursery is pretty much complete with the exception of the wall border and the glider.  I've still got to wash the bathroom stuff and a few more outfits, but most of his clothes are done and the bedding is washed.  There are still a few items we need to go get from BRU but that'll be done here in the next few weeks...hopefully we don't wait too long!

I start my weekly appointments next week which is so weird!  I can't believe the time is just flying by!  Baby Z is still measuring right on schedule so we're happy about that!  Here's a little update:

Highlights:
How Far Along: 33w5d
Size of Baby: supposedly 4 1/2 pounds and ~19 inches long
Total Weight Gain/Loss: at the doc's office last thursday I was up 29 pounds
Maternity Clothes: all...my maternity pants are starting to get a little snug on me but I'm hoping I can last another 7 weeks!
Movement: All day, every day...he has basically run out of room in there and constantly either has his knee bulging from my belly or his little feet are stuck up in my rib cage
Symptoms: nothing crazy...if I do too much then my sciatica acts up.  and that fun 1st tri going pee 5 times a night is now back with a vengeance
What I Miss: My abs
Girl, Boy, or Team Green: boy
Cravings: ice cold water
Is your nursery done? Glider is on back order, need to hang wall border and window cover and get blinds for the smaller windows, night stand and a lamp
What are you really looking forward to? Having my body back and getting to see what LO looks like
Can you still paint your toenails? didn't even try...i can barely put my shoes on so i'm thinking no.  i had a pedicure two weeks ago and it was amazing!
Are you getting nervous? Yes...I think I'm most nervous because this is something that I cannot control...I don't know WHEN I'm going to go into labor and I don't know HOW my body is going to react to labor.  I'm also nervous to think that DH and I are going to be responsible for this little guy forever!  It's an amazing feeling but at the same time so scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment