Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
May 1st, 2010

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Holy crap!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking right now. I just signed up for Naperville's Sprint Triathlon on August 5th. No, I'm not doing a 6 week training schedule or 4 week training schedule for that matter. I'm not going to just show up the day of the race without any training. Well...I probably will show up the day of the race having not prepared for the 400m swim but I'm not worried about the swimming. That's the easiest part for me. I've been running a lot more the past few weeks. The biking portion is 22k, which is about 13 miles. This will be a little challenging since we haven't touched our bikes since we got engaged...yeah, 2009! It's biking though so no worries there either :) Anyone who knows me, knows I hate running so the 5k run is going to be my biggest challenge. I think it will be even more challenging since I'll have swam and biked right before running. I really just want to be able to run the whole thing, whether it's a 9 minute pace or an 11 minute pace. My only goal is to finish. I feel like it will be such an accomplishment. So empowering. I got a great tip from a fellow tri'er (is that a word). He told me to train by biking for 10 minutes then running for 1 mile and repeat this 3 times. It prepares your body to know what the feeling is like to switch from biking to running. So smart!!!

I'll keep you updated as I train as much as possible for the next 2 1/2 weeks! Oh...and we'll be on vacation for 10 of those days!! Eek!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment