Okay, so I'm really going to stay on top of this blog thing now (hopefully). A lot has gone on since I last posted in November. We found out December 10th that we're having a little BOY! We couldn't be more excited. Now we're just trying to figure out what we want to name him (we're keeping it a suprise). There's one in particular that we love (I'm stating here and now that Jason suggested it!) but we really want to make sure that there is nothing else to consider. It's fun but at the same time a little nerve wracking since he will have this name for the rest of his life!
I am feeling him kick on a very regular basis nowadays. He's got a routine too :) I usually wake up at 3:3am to use the restroom and he's a solid block on my right side...I lay back in bed and he gives me a few kicks. At about 9-9:30, he starts rolling around in there and kicking me. It's so cute, although they're getting stronger and stronger! He also rolls around and kicks me at about 6pm and then right before bed. Jason felt him for the first time right after Christmas. It was so neat to have him finally feel that there is a little person inside me!
I can't believe that the third trimester is approaching very fast. Before we know it, our little man will be here with us! Our next OB appointment is this Friday. I think either this appointment or the next one I'll be getting my Rhogam shot (supposed to get it at 28 weeks). Click this link to learn more. http://www.justmommies.com/articles/rh_negative.shtml
We got our crib back in December and put it together. We're using the "blue room" for everyone who has gotten a tour of our house :) Glad he turned out to be a little boy because if he was a girl, we would have had to paint the room back to pink (it was pink when we first moved in and then painted it blue and brown). We have a dresser that needs to be painted white to match the crib, hang some wall decor, wash the bedding and our nursery will be all set! We're going with a puppy theme (who wudda thought)! I've had to slow down on my clothing purchases for him because all I buy are things with puppies on them! I still need to buy the little onesie that says "My big brother is a yellow lab". I want to buy it in like every size! ha!
This pregnancy has been pretty much a breeze for me. I haven't had any morning sickness, no crazy food aversions (only thing is that I can't stand the thought of string cheese...this coming from someone who LOVES cheese), etc. The only thing I'm starting to deal with is hip joint pain. My chiropractor did wonders for me last week and it hasn't been too bad this week. I know it's because my body is trying to adjust to the weight gain (yes people, I'm gaining weight). I guess I'm trying to adjust to the whole weight gain thing too. Jason said I can gain as much weight as I want to :) Oh, how I love him!
Jason has been an amazing husband and father-to-be these past few months. He's just as involved with preparing and decision making with the baby as he was for the wedding. I am so grateful to have him in my life!!! He is seriously going to be the best father ever!
I just signed us up for some child birth classes in February and March. Can't wait!!
Here's me at 26 weeks 1 day.
Right now I feel like it's the calm before the storm...I have to travel next week and the week of Valentine's Day for work, I've got three showers (Feb 27, March 6 and March 13), all the birthing classes we are signed up for...and then the arrival of our son. It's one heck of a rollercoaster ride and I am not in any way wanting to get off of it. I absolutely love my life right now and I wouldn't change one single thing :)

No comments:
Post a Comment