Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
May 1st, 2010

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Feeling truly blessed tonight

Today I experienced something I didn't want to experience. I had to take Dylan to the ER...
Jason was at work so I decided to take Parker for a walk since it was beautiful out. I got Dylan in his toy car and we set off to the park. Dylan absolutely loves climbing up the stairs and going down the slide all by himself...nothing he hasn't don't a million times before. Well he was climbing up the stairs, slipped and bit his tongue. I've never seen so much blood. And all my kid wanted to do was slide down the slide. So I had to let him, crying and all, slide down the slide head first.
I had to call Karen to bring my car so I could load up Parker and Dylan in the car since we live 1/2 mile from the park. She was so awesome. She ended up driving us to the ER since Jason was at work today. She sat in the room with us the whole time too!! I owe her so much!! While we were in the car, you could tell Dylan was in pain but he was just sitting there sipping water out of a water bottle. We got to the ER and Dylan was not happy that nurses wanted to take his blood pressure and heart rate. They doctor came in and examined his tongue. She said she didn't think he needed stitches. She said maybe one but the trauma they'd put him through would have been pretty bad (tying up, clamp mouth, etc). Dylan fell asleep on my shoulder while we were waiting to be discharged since it was like 30 minutes past his nap time. We got home and he slept until 4pm. He woke up and was pretty upset. I felt horrible. I couldn't do anything to take away his pain. Slowly he stopped crying. He had his first Popsicle. After some snuggles, Dylan started to act more normal. He was running around like a crazy man all night. I don't think anyone would believe me if I told them what happened just a few hours before. Crazy!! Before we put him down, we gave him some Tylenol and he sucked it Down. What kid takes his medicine like he's supposed to?!
I feel truly blessed that he didn't have to get stitches (and hopefully doesn't have to either) and that he was back to his normal crazy self a few hours later. I love him so much!!







1 comment: