Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
May 1st, 2010

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

18 months

We're at that half year mark again...where the heck has the time gone?!  I know I say this every single time I write a post, but for realz...time is flying!!!!!  Dylan is getting cuter by the day (okay, he was never not cute).  His personality is really starting to shine and I am seeing Jason in him with every single thing he's doing!  It's crazy how we can procreate and our personalities are passed on to these humanbeings!  I'm sure some of it has to do with the fact that he's around us all the time but seriously?!  This kid is hilarious.  He's really starting to mimic us in everything we do.  I made a gagging face the other night at dinner because that bite didn't sit well with my taste buds and I look over at Dylan and he's doing the exact same thing!  I about peed my pants!  He's got this stare down too.  Like "seriously lady?"  It's the same look that I get from Jason from time to time.  I'm in a world of craziness when he gets older, that's for sure. 

I really need to do a better job of documenting everything he does because every day I feel like it's something new.  He tries really hard to repeat what we ask him to.  He does a really good job.  I love hearing his voice :)

The newest thing that melts my heart is that he says please and thank you.  He's signed and said please for a few months now but just in the past week or two he's started saying thank you.  We've had to say to him "what do you say?" (after he's said please and given what he asked for) but this morning I gave him a banana and he said "thank youuuuu".  Almost brought me to tears!

Dylan is still a little peanut.  He's still in all 12-18 months clothes.  I'm kind of hoping he doesn't have a growth spurt until after winter so I don't have to buy him bigger clothes.  I thought about buying 18-24 month stuff but he is drowning in the clothes! He finally moved up to size 4 diapers.  His eating habits are the same but he sometimes is picky and may only eat a few bites.  He knows how to use a fork and spoon.  Next we'll be working on using a regular cup but I don't see that happening any time soon since he still likes to throw his sippy on the floor :) 

Him and Parker are still BFFs.  Last night Dylan told Parker "down" and Parker actually listened to him!  It was so awesome!  Poor Rachel sometimes gets her tail pulled but secretly I think she likes it.  Callie is pretty much nonexistent when Dylan is around (I think a lot has to do with Parker but he wouldn't hurt a fly...she's just crazy).

Dylan still sleeps like a champ.  He sometimes tells us he's ready for "nigh-nigh".  It's never been a struggle and I am so afraid for when Baby #2 comes along!  I just have a feeling that he/she will be a complete opposite of Dylan.  But...you can't worry about something that may be perfectly fine.  We'll get there when we get there :)

I really wish I could do these updates at home on my desktop so I can attach pictures but I barely find time to write these posts as it is.  Enjoy :)

One of these days I'm going to make Jason write a blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment