Has it really been an entire year since I gave birth to the most precious little boy?! These 12 months have gone by in a blink of an eye and I can't help but wonder "did I take enough pictures", "did I read enough books", "am I feeding him the right foods", "am I being the best mom that I can be"?? The first year is really crazy and a lot of questionable things come up. You can only hope that you've done enough research or are listening to the right people but in the end, it's our decisions as parents and hope we make the right choices. He's obviously still alive and thriving so we must be doing something right! (que the pat on the back)
There has been so much emotion coming from inside me these past few weeks. I can't help but be amazed by the fact that Dylan has only been in our lives for a year but it seems like a lifetime. He brings so many smiles and giggles to our lives. It's amazing how therapeutic it is to just see my son at the end of the day. He's mine. He's not anyone else's. I get to go home and play with him, bathe him, cuddle with him (ha, yeah right, he hates cuddling with me!). He is my everything (sorry Jason)!!!
He is walking everywhere. By everywhere, I mean, there is no more crawling. The week after Easter (April 8) he just decided he didn't want to crawl so he just started walking. He 'a been like that ever since. He's got 4 top teeth and still just the 2 bottom ones. He eats anything and everything you put in front of him. We're trying to wean him from breastmilk and to drink whole milk. He actually hates it. I think it's because it's cold and he's used to having warm BM. I've only got about 10 bottles worth of BM left he better start liking the milk soon! There are obviously other ways he can get his calcium so I'm not too worried though. He says "ball", "dog", "cat", "dada", "mama", "nigh night". It's soo cool to watch him interact and say words because that means he's learning :)
He's one special guy and I am so proud and honored that I am his mother and that Jason is his father. He brings an unexplainable calmness over me. I am so excited for what the next few years are going to bring.
Dylan, thank you for being such a special little guy. Know that whatever mommy and daddy do in life, it's for and because of you. You are our life, our world, and we wouldn't have it any other way. We look forward to the many years that are ahead of us. Please don't ever change. We love you!!!
Happy birthday, Dylan!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment