Our Wedding Day

Our Wedding Day
May 1st, 2010

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

6 months old...that's half a year!!

I know I say this every time a month goes by but...seriously?  He's 6 months old now?  It is amazing how fast time can fly when you have a baby!  It really does feel like yesterday that we were just finding out we were pregnant, just hearing his heartbeat for the first time, just finding out he was a boy...ugh!

Sunday was spent outside for most of the day.  It was absolutely gorgeous out so we took advantage of it and went to Hammel Woods which is about 20 minutes from our house.  Any time Parker gets to come with us is a time where we really get to enjoy being a family :)  This picture was taken basically at the end of our 3 1/2 hour walk...let's just say he was a very happy, tired lab!!  BTW...I bought a new carrier (Babyhawk Mei Tai) and I am regretting not buying it sooner.  It is amazing and Dylan loves it!  He's quiet and content being close to his momma!



Okay...so for a couple stats and an update on the little man :)

Thursday, October 20th we had his 6 month well check.  Doctor said he is doing great!  He weighed in at 17lbs 1.2ounces and was 27 1/4 inches long!  Doctor also told us that we should start solids because I'm not going to be able to keep up with him...I think he's full of crap because if Dylan wasn't getting enough from my BM then he'd be waking up in the middle of the night to eat.  Dylan is still STTN so I am not too worried.  We are slowly starting to give him solids though and by slowly starting I mean he's only had sweet potatoes twice.  We just started on Sunday :)  I'll post a video of him eating them later!  I think he might like them.  We didn't start him on rice cereal or any of that so I think he's just trying to get used to eating from a spoon!

Age: 6 months 1 day old (October 25, 2011)
Size (clothes, diapers, etc):  Nothing has really changed in this department except we're going from size 3 swaddlers to size 3 cruisers!  yes, we are anticipating Dylan to start crawling in the coming weeks! I'll post more on this later on in this blog!  He's in 6-12 month clothing.  The shirts are still a little long in the sleeves but we just roll them.  He's starting to fit into the jeans but, again, we're still rolling them :)  
Sleeping:  Still STTN.  Goes to bed between 7:30-8pm and wakes up between 6:15-7am.  He has started to sleep on his stomach.  The first couple of nights I didn't get much sleep because I would either run back in there and flip him or just stare at his chest on the monitor.  Now I know he's okay so he stays on his stomach the entire night.
Eating: Still getting BM like always but Sunday we started introducing solids.  He had his first bite of sweet potatoes.  He really didn't know what to think!  He kind of gagged when he got a big piece in his mouth but for the most part I call it a success since he hasn't been on rice cereal or any other kind of solid starter.  I'm contemplating making my own baby food.  I did for the sweet potatoes.  It was pretty easy, but it's time consuming.  I think once I start my new job (a whole other post in itself) I will have more time to dedicate to making his food.  We'll see what happens :)
Milestones:  He's a champ at rolling.  The second he's on his back, he flips.  He also can manuvour in a circle.  He is soooo close to crawling!  He gets up on all fours (and sometimes his hands and toes) and just rocks back and forth.  It's sooo cute!  I think he knows how to move his legs but it's those darn hands that he just can't figure out how to move at the same time!  Last night J and I were just sitting around and he just started babbling!  He started saying "babababa" so it's just a matter of time before we hear "dadadada and mamama"...yes, I know he doesn't know what these mean yet, but it's still so precious to hear his little voice!
New Adventures: Nothing really new.  Dylan loves to be worn and I love wearing him!  Sometimes I wear him on my back so I can get some chores done around the house and he just hangs out perfectly content! 
Favorite Toys and Activities: I caved and bought Sophie the giraffe that was $17!  J asked why I spent so much money on a dog toy (no, it's not really a dog toy but it's rubbery and squeaks just like one though).  I don't know what the deal is about this toy but it's like crack for kids.  He LOVES her!  I think it's her long thin legs that he's able to easily chew on and the fact that he can barely touch her and she squeaks!  All I know is is that I am happy I bought it!!
Funny Happenings:  He's doing this screatch thing where he tries to scream at the top of his lungs but nothing really comes out.  I'm so afraid he's going to grow up with a raspy voice! ha!
What I'm looking forward to: The holidays!  I can't wait to experience all the 1st holidays as a family and take lots and lots of pictures!!!

Dylan's just chatting with his brother, Parker :)  Man, I love these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment