Can you believe it? Little man is 4 months old already! Time is seriously flying by and before we know it, he'll be one! When they say to cherish every single minute when they're this tiny, they're not kidding because it will be over in a blink of an eye. I've been meaning to write this post for a week now but just haven't found the time (wonder why). Dylan had his 4 month well check on August 18th. Here are his stats:
WeightBirth: 7 pounds 10 ounces
2 weeks: 9 pounds 6.5 ounces
2 months: 12 pounds 3.1 ounces (73%)
4 months: 13 pounds 3.3 ounces (63%)
Height
Birth: 20.5 inches
2 weeks: 22 1/4 inches
2 months: 24 inches (91%)
4 months: 26 inches (88%)
The pedi is very happy with Dylan's progress and said that we have an amazing baby (yeah, doc, I know). He also had his next set of shots and he took them like a champ. He downed the liquid (only spit out a little) and then cried after the second shot for a total of maybe 30 seconds. I grabbed him the second she was done and was able to soothe him pretty fast. I didn't even need to nurse him because he calmed down right away. This was an interesting appointment because I did it alone. Jason and I went to Red Robin the night before for dinner and we somehow got food poisoning. He was up alllll night, every hour, on the hour. I thought I was in the clear but around the time I took Dylan to the pedi, i started to feel like crap. Needless to say, all three of us slept the day away on Saturday.
I saw this on someone else's blog and thought it was the coolest idea (here are some stats):
Age: 4 months 5 days old (August 30, 2011)
Size (clothes, diapers, etc): He's in size 3 diapers now. I was trying to keep him in 2's as long as possible but with a blowout basically every time he was in his carseat, it was time to move up. He's in 3-6 month clothing but they're starting to get a little snug on him. I put him in a 6-12 month outfit yesterday and it fit him perfectly. Can't believe all the little outfits I bought him are starting to not fit. I had a bit of a sad moment yesterday because once he grows out of them, he'll never, ever, wear them again :( For us, if we don't wear something it's because we no longer like that article of clothing. To think he'll never wear those outfits again made me a little teary eyed. Ugh...here I go again.
Sleeping: He has always been an amazing sleeper and he still is. He goes to bed around 8-8:30pm and doesn't wake up until 6:30-7am every day. (Definitely gets his sleeping habits from his father!!)
Eating: He is still BF. He only gets bottles of BM when he is at daycare. Other than that, he's still getting it straight from the tap :) The pedi gave us the okay to start solids but he is perfectly fine with our decision to not start him until he's 6 months old. Also, I've made the decision that he won't be getting rice cereal (there's no nutritional value whatsoever in that stuff). We'll jump right into avacado, sweet potatoes, squash, etc. I'm super excited for him to start eating solids but I'm in no rush for him to grow up! I did try and feed him BM from a spoon this past weekend and I don't think he actually drank any of it that went into his mouth...definitely too soon to start solids :)
Milestones: He has found his feet and it's only a matter of days until he may realize he can stick them in his mouth. He has mastered rolling from belly to back and can roll to his side but he still hasn't rolled from back to belly. I feel it coming any day now :) He is grabbing everything and putting it directly into his mouth. It's so cute to watch him grab a toy from my hand! I love putting my face really close to his because he reaches out his hands and puts them on my cheeks, like he's going to give me a big smooch! He's so alert all the time and loves watching Parker play with his toys.
New Adventures: We went downtown Chicago this past weekend with Parker and Dylan and just hung out in the city. Dylan (and Parker) loved it!
Favorite Toys and Activities: His favorite toy (in my opinion) is a little brightstart bumblebee looking thing. The wings click when turned, the handle is rubbery so he loves to chew on it. He loves his tummy time play mat too. When he does tummy time he just looks around and tries to watch everything that's going on.
Funny Happenings: He is a giggling machine now. I make farting noises in the crease of his neck and he giggles like crazy. It's so awesome to hear him laugh!
What I'm looking forward to: Halloween! I can't wait to dress him in a costume!! And of course to watch his personality become even more amazing. He's already laid back and I'm wondering if that will continue as he gets older or if he'll be a little firecracker!! :)
I will have to post pictures later...stay tuned!!
No comments:
Post a Comment