Okay, so he won't be 2 months until the 24th but he'll be 8 weeks old tomorrow and we had his 2 month well check today. Dylan is a growing little boy! Here are his stats:
Weight
Birth: 7 pounds 10 ounces
2 weeks: 9 pounds 6.5 ounces
2 months: 12 pounds 3.1 ounces (73%)
Height
Birth: 20.5 inches
2 weeks: 22 1/4 inches
2 months: 24 inches (91%)
Dylan loves tummy time! He's getting soooo good at it! Thursday, June 16th, 2011, Dylan rolled over for the first time! He was on flat surface and he rolled to his left. It seriously brought tears to my eyes!! He did it again yesterday too!
These past 8 weeks have flown by so quickly. You never truely understand how fast it goes but until you have your own child and experience it. I'm pretty much going to ramble now because there's so much to talk about and I'm no good at writing :)
-#1: I love breastfeeding. It's an amazing feeling to know that I am the one providing nutrients to help him grow. It also is a special time that only Dylan and I can share. I never really thought I would ever love BF but I do. It's become something very natural.
-#2: Since day one, there has not been a single day where Dylan has woken me up to eat in the middle of the night. I have always had to wake him. Until about 2 weeks ago, I was still waking him up every 4-5 hours in the middle of the night to feed him. I finally realized that he was barely eating anything and was super sleepy during the whole feeding. So we decided to just let him sleep through the night and HE DID! He's been consistently sleeping 9-10 hours every night. It would be amazing expect for the fact that I still have to get up and pump in the middle of the night! I'm hoping that I'll cut out that middle of the night feeding a week before I go back to work just so I'm well rested when I go back.
-#3: He is ALL smiles! No matter what kind of day I have, I just look at him and he gives me the biggest smile! It just melts my heart!
-#4: Parker and Dylan are already the best of friends! Any time I get the tummy time mat out and put Dylan down, Parker is right there by his side, watching him with his loving eyes!
-#5: He did a really good job today getting his shots. I think I might have cried longer and harder than he did. Him and Daddy are now napping on the couch :)
I have never had so much love in my heart for someone so little. With every day that passes, there is a new smile, a new "coo" and I am so happy that I am getting to experience them. It is going to be very hard when I go back to work in exactly a month, but I know if I want to give him everything in life, it is something that has to be done. I have so many years to enjoy this little boy and I am so ready to soak up as much as I possibly can.
Dylan, you are so little, yet you take up a large part of my heart. I will love you forever and ever little man ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment