Can you believe it, because I sure can't! Our little Dylan is one month old today. When people say "enjoy every minute because it will fly by", they really weren't kidding. I felt like it was just last week that I was in the hospital in labor with him. He has brought so much joy to our lives and couldn't be happier!
Since I had a c-section, I couldn't do anything for the first 3 weeks except lift the baby. I definitely wasn't complaining because I got to really focus on him and learn with him. Jason really was an amazing support person those first two weeks. He did pretty much everything except boob feed the baby (he did give him the occasional bottle though). I could not have asked for a better friend, husband and father of my child. He may not have thought that he did much, but he did more than anyone could have done. Jason, thank you! The third week Jill came and stayed with me since Jason had to go back to work and I still couldn't do anything. She made sure I was fed and the house was picked up. Probably the most attention our house has ever received in one week :) Jill, thank you for staying with me!!
Okay...so back to Dylan. Since the first night we got home, he has been pretty much on the same schedule. He sleeps very well during the night...so well that every single feeding, I have to wake him. Now that he's a little older and we had his one month well check, I have been letting him sleep 5 hours at night. Our days start anywhere between 6-7am, I feed him and then we fall back asleep for 2 hours in bed. After that nap, he lays in the papizan chair while I shower then I change him and feed him. Then he's awake for about 2 hours (sometimes longer) just hanging out. We usually take Parker for a walk around this time so Dylan just sits in his carseat while we walk around the neighborhood. Dylan eats and sleeps for the next few hours and then Jason gets home around 5 or 6. Dylan gets a little fussy around this time, but by fussy I mean he just wants to eat every hour and be held. By 9 or 10pm we all head to bed and start the cycle all over again. I'm just waiting for that night where he doesn't want to go back to sleep but it hasn't happened. He has really made this whole mom thing super easy and I couldn't be happier.
Parker has been an amazing dog this past month. He absolutely loves Dylan. Any time we do tummy time, Parker is right there laying his head next to him wondering why he can't play with him. He just gives him big kisses and Dylan loves them! I can't wait until Dylan gets older and is able to interact with Parker more. They are already BFFs and their bond will only grow stronger and he grows!
So here are his stats at his one month well check (April 19th)...
Weight: 9 pounds 6.5 ounces (7 pounds 10 ounces at birth)
Height: 22.5 inches (20.5 inches at birth)
The Pedi is very pleased with Dylan's growth and says we're doing an awesome job!
Here is a picture of Dylan from this past weekend (sorry, can't get the picture to change...I'll upload more pictures later):
No comments:
Post a Comment