So this Valentine's Day was the first VDay that Jason and I spent apart since we've been together. It was a little tough but he still managed to surprise me and send me flowers!! He is so thoughtful and knows just how to make my day a little special, even if it means we don't get to see each other. They are absolutely beautiful! We did get to celebrate two days early when he took us to our usual VDay spot, the Melting Pot. For the first time I was actually able to keep up with Jason with the amount of food I ate! Not that proud of it, but I am usually walking out of that place almost in tears because I am so full...but not this time :) I was a definitely full but I was not overly stuffed!
I'm spending this week out in San Diego for work and the weather couldn't be more perfect. It was 65 yesterday and should be about the same today. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain Wednesday and Thursday but I'll take rain over snow anyday! I'm definitely looking forward to coming back to Chicago and there being just a little snow left.
I still can't believe that I am 30 weeks pregnant and have only 10 weeks to go! Before we were counting up the weeks and now I feel like I'm counting down the weeks...so crazy! We have our first child birth class this weekend. It's a marathon class that is all day and I'm hoping we made the right decision on selecting this class instead of the "meet 4 times over 4 weeks" class. Either way, I think the class will be very informative and just make this whole baby thing even more real. To be honest, I'm not as stressed or worried as I was early on in the pregnancy about being a mother. I have this overwhelming calm that has taken over me, like "I know what I'll need to do when he gets here" type of thing. I'm sure that will all be washed away the second we bring him home, but for right now, I'm glad I'm not stressing. NOW, when I think about all the preparation and things we still need to do and consider, that's where my stress level picks up a little bit. I mean, we could really have a baby any day now (I hope he decides to bake for at the minimum 7 more weeks). But really, if he were to be born tomorrow, with medical help, we could have a baby.
Anywho...here is the weekly update, enjoy :) (please disregard the creepy hotel room and the crappy iPhone 3GS picture...I'm hoping to upgrade once the baby gets here!)
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 30w2d (30w in picture)
Size of Baby: Between 3-4 pounds.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +21. I still can't believe how the scale keeps going up. I did read from my WTE application all the different items that make up a "30lb weight gain" and it made me feel better knowing the disbursements :)
Maternity Clothes: Everything. I had to break down and buy a few more shirts last week from ON because everything I bought a few months ago are sweaters and I seriously feel like I'm going to have a heat stroke when I wear them bc my body temp has spiked!!!
Movement: He's rolling a lot more. The kicks and jabs are getting a little more intense. Just hope he stays away from the ribs!
Symptoms: none really. just hip joint and sciatica (sp)
What I Miss: Philly sushi rolls and a nice glass of reisling...I think that's because we hit up our usual Melting Pot V-Day celebration and I couldn't have a glass of wine!
Girl, Boy, or Team Green: Boy
Cravings: Still oranges.
Is your nursery done? Need to put up wall border, wash the bedding, and think of a name so we can get his name hung above the dresser
Favorite Change in Your Body? the fact that my belly keeps expanding. it's so crazy how we, as women, can grow a human being inside of us! now let's just hope my favorite change in 6 months is that my body is back to normal :)
Lease Favorite Change in Your Body? My thighs. I have "swimmer thighs" so I have to work really hard at keeping them in shape and I haven't done a darn thing so they're starting to turn mushy and I am NOT happy about it :( And I also miss my abs...but those will always come back :)
Baby Shower Outfit? Down to two for one of my showers and I already have an outfit for the other :)


No comments:
Post a Comment